official self-whore-age

promote your website, post your artwork, or drum up support for your business. go ahead: impress the hell out of everyone. i DARE ya.

Moderator: The S.S.I. Is Watching You.

official self-whore-age

Postby williamthebloody » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:22 pm

yep. this is the official thread whereabouts i shall official become a shameless man-whore a promote my precioussssss website,

William's Bloody Hell

it's just this little thing i do on the side for fun, really. i started it in 2003 as a means to showoff my doodlings. i do so love to showoff the doodlings. then it expanded to include reviews of movies, novels, comics, video games and stuff. and rants. i rant about stuff a lot. the rants are pretty popular. they are! really!
Rants you find of interest:
Rant 3, my horror movie idea
Rant 39, where i talk about things that have adverts but dont need them
Rant 43, why i'm pro-gay marriage
Rant 46, about my sick sense of humour
Rant 62, why creepy is worse than scary
Rant 69, why religion is no excuse to be hurtful
Rant 74, girl scout or satanist?
meh, there are now ONE HUNDRED of them and they all have little summarizing titles next to them so you can read what interests you. the rant this week is not interesting.

so, why now and not when i first joined up? well, i just changed the layout design and i like this one better than the last. in other words, i'm a little more proud of how it looks than it it did. um i totally suck a website design and stuff so it isn't like super fancy or anything. but passable.

its pretty fun, if youre bored and got nothing better to do...
there ARE contests! you can win cds that i make for winning a contest. some of them are pretty cool. the cds list with track listing is here:
http://williamsbloodyhell.com/prizessongs.htm
(um... Heart Shaped CD anyone?)

i'm open to criticism of the constructive kind and suggestions to make it a happier place.

i'm pretty open to my visitors. if you have a site of your own and want to link exchange, i'm all for it! if you have art youve made or a short story youve written but dont have anyplace online to put it, i have a spot for that too, you get credit and links to your site and/or e-mail if you want.

i'm anxious as to what you all think of it. yeh i realize that was a long spiel. i'm long winded when nervous....

um yeh. i await the axe.
williamthebloody
the devil made digital

Postby thefremen » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:49 am

The red on your site makes my eyes bleed, but that may be because I have an LCD monitor.
thefremen
sluggish ogre

Postby williamthebloody » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:15 pm

thefremen wrote:The red on your site makes my eyes bleed, but that may be because I have an LCD monitor.

sorry aboot that and all... but as stated: me+web design= not good
the old "zombies of death!!" layout had the colours reversed; red boxes on black, but i switched them for "blood & fire." i feel like if i had some sort of repeating backgroung, as simple as slanted black and red stripes or something it would down-play the whole "my eyes my bleeding eyes!" perspective a bit, but 1. i have no idea how make a background thingie (as lame as that sounds) and 2. i dont have a lot of time to fuss around over that right now (maybe soon?)
oh well...
but thanks for looking! ^^
williamthebloody
the devil made digital

Postby thefremen » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:10 am

Well, it's a lot better than me with web design. I mean, have you seen my webspace?

Nope, because I don't have one, I just post stuff to DA and LJ. :)
thefremen
sluggish ogre

Postby williamthebloody » Tue May 27, 2008 9:20 pm

from ze dead!!

i'm reviving this thread because i need a little bit of help.

i just revamped my website. i'm trying to use some fancy-ass effects and things, but am having trouble getting them to display in some browsers. i currently use Internet Explorer 6 (um shut up) and everything works fine, but Firefox peoples are having trouble. if you have something other than these, like opera or safari or whatever, i'd like to know how it looks.

the effects causing problems are
1. main navigation rollovers.
i'm using a "fake rollover" effect. this makes the link image appear greyscale until it is "mouse-overed" then the colour (in this case, red text) is restored. firefox users say there is no effect. the images are just always red text.

2. main content window transparency.
i'm using a new thing were i'm messing with opacity level of the main content frame. the frame is SUPPOSED to register a designated colour (in this case, a shade of grey) as being 70% opaque, allowing some degree of the main background image to show through. firefox users have told me that this does not work AT ALL. they see a solid grey background.

here's a screencap of what it's SUPPOSED to look like:

basically, if it doesn't look like that, please please let me know what's off and any suggestions on correcting it would be awesome. for the love of mike, feel free to view my source code.

yes, i'm an idiot when it comes to HTML, but i'm learning a little. ^.^'
williamthebloody
the devil made digital

Postby Relenz » Tue May 27, 2008 9:32 pm

In a copy of up to date firefox, the inset window has both horizontal and vertical generic scrollbars on it, instead of just your custom vertical one, in addition to what you mentioned.

In both Firefox and IE, when viewing the gallery images, clicking on them did not open them in a new window, but rather replaced the inset window.

Also, Ugly Girl is keen. I've been watching it before its teenbit inclusion- I believe there way be a bright future ahead of it.
Knowledge and the Leader are the means.
Life is the end.
These are my words, this is my belief.
Relenz
raging troll

Postby williamthebloody » Tue May 27, 2008 9:42 pm

Relenz wrote:In a copy of up to date firefox, the inset window has both horizontal and vertical generic scrollbars on it, instead of just your custom vertical one, in addition to what you mentioned.

In both Firefox and IE, when viewing the gallery images, clicking on them did not open them in a new window, but rather replaced the inset window.

i kinda expected the scrollbar thing. it's pretty standard that pretty scrollers are IE only.

HOWEVER, i picked an artwork at random (little toy surprise buffy) and she opened in a new window for me!
just so we're absolutely clear on how the gallery navigation works:
1. click "art"
2. click the text name of gallery you want
3. click the text name of art you wanna see
4. window changes to show art inside it
5. click image
6. new window opens with image and small artist's description
if you are following these steps, i don't have any fucking clue what's going on there. i just tried it again with a random sketch and I DO get the new window. the hell is going on??

um. thanks for responding. it's good to know this stuff...

and yeah w00t to Ugly Girl! i wanna draw fan art but am not sure how with those character designs...
williamthebloody
the devil made digital

Postby Teim » Tue May 27, 2008 10:54 pm

Will I like your site, I can't remember how it looked before, but it's pretty bazzin now.

Oh and it seeeeeems okay in Firefox, I mean, all that stuff that you said is wrong is wrong but its not a HUUUUGE difference.

Teim
the devil made digital

Location: Ireland, a place full of things that DONT say "BYGORRA!"

Postby Paradox » Wed May 28, 2008 5:03 am

Looks good! I like the site and everything seems to work on my computer.
Artistic creator of spooky-cute monsters that wish to jump rope with your intestines, hug you till your heart pops, and lick up da bloody mess they leave behind.
Paradox
sprightly goblin

Location: In my dark room, with trading cards keeping me company...go me...

Postby williamthebloody » Wed May 28, 2008 9:28 am

Teim wrote:Will I like your site, I can't remember how it looked before, but it's pretty bazzin now.

Oh and it seeeeeems okay in Firefox, I mean, all that stuff that you said is wrong is wrong but its not a HUUUUGE difference.

yeah, i know the problems dont make the site not work or anything but they bother me. i mean i worked REALLY hard to get those effects to work for me only to find out i failed on cross browser compatibility T.T i swear the tutorials i read didnt say they were IE only effects! i'm going to have to read more about them. only, uh not now. i've got a vacation. out of town.

but yay! i'm glad you enjoy it and you find the theme relatively pleasing. ^^ this makes william a happy panda.
williamthebloody
the devil made digital

Postby williamthebloody » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:52 pm

okay, so i went over some of my insane cascading style sheets, and i believe i found these two bits of code which were conflicting with each other and causing firefox to just hate them both.

does the main content area appear semi transparent now? i hope i hope i hope??
williamthebloody
the devil made digital

Postby Relenz » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:17 am

still opaque to me, sorry.
Knowledge and the Leader are the means.
Life is the end.
These are my words, this is my belief.
Relenz
raging troll

Postby williamthebloody » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:26 am

Relenz wrote:still opaque to me, sorry.

yeah i just got a message from another FF online person who also dashed my hopes and dreams. darn it! >.<
williamthebloody
the devil made digital

Postby The Flying Dracula Hair » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:24 am

Wow, digging that Ugly Girl. I was holding my breath in the beginning but man did it go to some cool places.

Good looking site, beeteeW
The Flying Dracula Hair
the devil made digital

Postby williamthebloody » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:01 pm

The Flying Dracula Hair wrote:Wow, digging that Ugly Girl. I was holding my breath in the beginning but man did it go to some cool places.

Good looking site, beeteeW

oh yeah, Ugly Girl, man! it's start out kind of eh "typical"-ish and then before you realize it the characters are developing and they all have feelings and it's like theyre the stereotypes they represent but at the same time they arent. if that made sense. it makes me feel warn and squishy.

thanks for the site compliment as well. ^^ i've never been good at layouts and focus more on the content, but every time i change the look of it, i do try to use new things and learn more as i go. hey, i'm an old guy who didnt have internet until he turned twenty, okay? i didnt grow up with this stuff like you kids. all i can hope is that i hold my own against some tghirteen year old with an angsty blog....
williamthebloody
the devil made digital

Next

Return to soiled heart road